IMPORTANT: To apply for an open position please complete the application process by Clicking Here. Submitting a resume by email, mail, or fax may cause relevant information to be missed.
Senior Financial Analyst
An exciting opportunity for a full time Senior Financial Analyst has opened at FRX Polymers at our facility in Chelmsford, MA. FRX Polymers is commercializing polyphosphonate homopolymers and copolymers as flame retardant additives for plastics and is looking for an ideal candidate to join our collaborative team. The position performs analysis of various financial aspects of the Company, preparation of management reports and participation in the budgeting and forecast process.
- Quickly understand financial data and develop models in Excel to report, analyze and interpret and the information that draws a concise and logical conclusion
- Construct dashboards and reporting tools utilizing SQL, Tableau, and Excel and be able to communicate recommendations effectively
- Assist in the monthly and quarterly financial results packages and presentations in an automated fashion using Management Reporter and Budget Maestro
- Assist in annual budgeting and periodic forecasting with the ability to develop and populate forecasting models in Budget Maestro
- Must have experience and understanding of financial modeling including Balance Sheet, P&L and cashflow
- Must have the ability to take a hands on approach to using the Company software applications such as the ERP (GP), Management Reporter, Budget Maestro and SQL reporting tools
- Experience collaborating with IT on solutions and familiarity with database structures for instance, relational databases, data modelling, MS Access, SQL or other database reporting tools
- Ad-hoc financial performance analysis
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) with knowledge of Statutory accounting principles and manufacturing accounting.
- Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferable
- 7+ years accounting and financial planning, analysis and reporting experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Expertise with financial modelling, balance sheet and cash flow budgeting and forecasting
- Experience working directly with senior management
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills a must, with extreme attention to detail, accuracy and accountability
- Energy and passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, start-up environment
Attn: Agencies & other vendors: At this time, FRX Polymers is not seeking any outside assistance to find qualified employees.